The lawyers at Player Law Firm represent all parties to construction defect litigation in the State of South Carolina. Construction defect cases are often highly complex, involving multiple parties and substantial amounts of evidence and expert testimony. As a result, it is critically important to have a highly-proficient and effective legal team on your side.
At Player Law Firm, we represent contractors, subcontractors, construction managers, architects, engineers, manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, insurance carriers, developers, condominium associations, property owners, and commercial tenants in construction defect litigation and settlement negotiations. Each client receives our full personal attention. When you hire us, you can expect to remain actively involved in your case, have your attorney personally respond to your phone calls and emails, and receive top-notch legal representation that doesn’t break the bank.
Common Construction Defects in South Carolina Real Estate Litigation
- Structural defects, including foundation problems and improper footings (ADR)
- Defective concrete
- Negligent design
- Architect and engineer malpractice
- Defective materials and supplies
- Substandard and unprofessional workmanship
- Survey errors
- Drainage deficiencies
- Moisture penetration and mold issues
- Electrical, plumbing, and HVAC defects
- Defective roofing, siding, and window materials and installation
- Environmental issues
Defense, Cross-Claims & Thrid Party Claims
In construction defect litigation, it is not at all uncommon for multiple parties to be faced with potential liability. Whether through insurance coverage, subrogation, indemnification, direct liability, or other legal mechanism, these cases regularly involve multiple cross-claims, counterclaims, and third-party claims aimed at shifting financial responsibility from one party to another. Our attorneys will sort through the chain of liability in your case to make sure the appropriate players are held responsible.
Representation for Victims of Construction Defects
If you are a homeowner, investor, or commercial property owner who has suffered as a result of a construction defect, our lawyers will fight for the compensation you deserve.
Contractor Defense & Disputes in South Carolina
As a contractor, we understand that you want to focus on running your business, not cleaning up messes when something goes wrong. We also understand that when something does go wrong, you want it handled as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. When you need legal representation for a collections matter or other dispute, the lawyers at Player Law Firm are here to help.
South Carolina Attorneys for Contractors
- Collections: If you need to enforce a contract, our lawyers are the ones to call. We provide skilled and effective representation to contractors in payment disputes, collecitons matters, and enforcing mechanic’s liens. (ADR)
- Mechanic’s Liens: Mechanic’s liens protect contractors in the event that a customer or client fails to pay for materials or services provided. In the event of non-payment, the contractor can engorce the lien by filing a foreclosure action in the South Carolina courts. Our attorneys are regularly involved in this process.
- Performance Bonds: A performance bond guarantees that a contractor who is awarded a contract will perform in accordance with the terms and conditions included in its bid. Obtaining a performance bond is often a condition of receiving the award. We represent both contractors and sureties in informal disputes and full-blown litigation involving alleged defautls under contractor performance bonds.
- Payment Bonds: Often required as a companion to a performance bond, a payment bond ensures that all laborers, subcontractors, and materials suppliers under a contract will get paid. We represent all parties to payment bond disputes throughout the State of South Carolina.
- Change Orders: When a request for a change order or alleged deficient performance under a change order leads to a dispute, you can count on us to protect and enforce your rights. We provide cost-effective representation as both plaintiff’s and defense counsel in all types of contractor disputes.
The Player Law Firm is an established general practice law firm with offices in Columbia, South Carolina, and Chapin, South Carolina. We are licensed to practice law in South Carolina and Georgia, and handle the litigation needs of clients from Augusta to Columbia, including communities in the counties of Richland, Kershaw, Sumter, Calhoun, Lexington, Newberry, Fairfield and Orangeburg. To learn more about our business and commercial litigation lawyers, please contact us today.